Wednesday, July 23, 2008

112. Web OF Evil by J.A.Jance

About the book

Ali's husband, Paul Grayson, is killed on the eve of their divorce-by a train that hits the car where he's tied up in the trunk somewhere near Palm Springs, Calif. Ali, Paul's legal beneficiary, becomes the chief murder suspect. A popular blogger and former Los Angeles TV news anchor who's suing the station where she used to work for wrongful dismissal, Ali initiates her own investigation, enlisting the help of her mother, grown son Chris and high school friend Dave Holman, a homicide detective in Sedona, Ariz., where Ali now lives. In a series of clumsy plot developments involving Paul's fianc e, April Gaddis, and April's greedy mother, Monique Ragsdale, Ali learns that Paul was financing a performance variety of the sumo sudoku puzzle fad.

I am not a big fan of this series. I prefer her other 2 series. However, I am enjoying the books. I especially love the blog parts. Had I started this series before I started blogging I probably would not like them as much. I really thought there would be a lot more dark mystery to them. But they have grown on me. I already started Hand of Evil which is currently the last one in the series. I do believe another one comes out later this year.

5 comments:

Kristie said...

What is the first book in this series?

Heidi said...

Edge Of Evil

Kristie said...

Is this a really great series, or should I just focus on all of the ton of other books I have to read?

Kristie said...

Oops... I just looked. I have Edge of Evil, so it may just get bump this up to the top of the list.

Heidi said...

kristie,

So far this is my least favorite of her series. But since I had the books sitting here I had to read them.
Let me know what you think,