Saturday, July 12, 2008

105. Virgin River by Robyn Carr

About the book

Wanted: Midwife/Nurse Practitioner in Virgin River, Population Six Hundred. Make a Difference Against a Backdrop of Towering California Redwoods and Crystal-Clear Rivers. Rent-Free Cabin Included.
When the recently widowed Melinda Monroe sees this ad she quickly decides that the remote mountain town of Virgin River might be the perfect place for her heartache, and to reenergize the nursing career she loves. But her high hopes are dashed within an hour of arriving: the cabin is a dump, the roads are treacherous and the local doctor wants nothing to do with her. Realizing she's made a huge mistake, Mel decides to leave town the following morning.
But a tiny baby, abandoned on a front porch, changes her plans . . . and a former marine cements them into place.

What a great start to the series.I really loved this book and have the next 2 sitting here. I have a feeling I will be reading them back to back. I want to find out what happens. I will admit that parts are very predictable, but it was still a great story.

1 comment:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I have added this series to my Amazon cart. I never thought I'd like these, but from everything I've heard (from so many people & reviews), I'd be a fool to pass them up. Thanks for posting!