Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cozy Mystery Challenge

I planned on reading 20 books for the challenge. I read 17 of them. I probably would have finished another one. But I received a non cozy book from the library that I had to read and return. I also ran into a couple of cozy's that took me forever to read them. Not sure if it was me, the book or if I was burnt out from reading cozy's. I think for the one in April that I will not choose as many so that I can also read some regular mysterys.

I enjoyed this challenge and cleared out some books. I will have to do some book shopping and fill in the holes.

I have had my fill of cozies for awhile. Now it is back to thrillers and mysteries.

A Tisket, A tasket, A fancy stolen Casket by Fran Rizer
Wreath of Deception by Mary Ellen Hughes
Shoots to Kill by Kate Collins
Murder by the Slice by Livia Washburn
Tacked to Death by Michelle Scott
Double Dog Dare by Lindo O Johnston
Murder with Peacocks by Donna Andrews
Tutu Deadly by Natalie M. Roberts
Decorated to Death by Peg Marberg
The Remains of the Dead by Wendy Roberts
Dying to Sell by Maggie Sefton
Consigned to Death by Jane K Cleland
The Cracked Pot by Melissa Glazer
Murder Can Crash Your Party by Selma Eichler
Weeding out Trouble by Heather Webber
A vintage Murder by Michele Scott
Murder of a Chocolate Covered Cherry by Denise Swanson
Shooting Gallery by Hailey Lind
Brush With Death by Hailey Lind
Murder is Binding by Lorna Barrett

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you read 17! wow!
I got the burnt out feeling last year when I did this challenge, that's why I didn't read as many. I love cozies, but sometimes you need a break.

Heidi said...

I think I need to read a few cozy's and then switch to a mystery or thriller.

I am glad you did the challenge. I cleared out some books that have been sitting here for awhile. And discovered some new authors that I love.