Tuesday, October 21, 2008

160. A Jolly Good Fellow by Stephen Masse

A few weeks before Christmas, Duncan Wagner has a plan that he is going to kidnap the son of his enemy,Win Booker.Duncan is driving down the road in Gabriel's neighborhood when he sees him hitchhiking and he picks him up and kidnaps him. Duncan is not the typical kidnapper you get a sense early on that he has not thought every thing thru. Gabriel does not act like someone who has been kidnapped. It is safe to say that they both have issues.

When I was asked to review this book, I was told it was suspenseful fiction. I love suspense so I had to give this book a try. I figured out pretty quick that the kidnapping was just not about the money. This is more a book of feelings and discovery and filling a void.

I thought the book was ok. I had issues with a few parts, but they are my issues that probably would not bother anyone else. I also think that I would have liked it better if I would have read it during the holiday season. I had a hard time getting into the right frame of mind. But again this is my issue. I enjoyed Stephen Masse's writing and would like to read something else by him.

No comments: